Traditional Sweet Scones
Welcome to our detailed step by step guide. We have added a bit more detail to our steps so take it easy and enjoy making our delicious scones!
Some extra ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 250ml Water
- Dusting of Flour
- 1 Egg
- Optional Sprinkle of Sugar
Some utensils you may find helpful for this bake are:
- Baking Tray
- Rolling Pin
- Scone Cutter (optional, a sharp knife is enough)
- Pasty brush (or equivalent brush)
- Mixing Bowl
Ready... Steady... BAKE!
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c.
2. Empty the contents of Mix A into a bowl, then add 250ml of water. Mix everything thoroughly until the mixture forms together.
3. Place the dough from the bowl onto a floured work surface. With floured hands, gently form the dough into a ball.
4. With your rolling pin, roll the dough to approximately 1 inch thick. Then, using your scone cutter, cut your dough. Don’t worry if you don’t have one, you can just any shape pastry/cookie cutter.
We recommend a 7cm size cutter.
If using a knife, make sure you slice the dough, do not cut and pull it.
5. Place your scones onto a floured baking tray, approximately 1 inch apart as they will rise in the oven.
6. Beat an egg into a bowl and egg wash the tops of your scones. You can use a pastry brush or something similar. Then add an optional sprinkle of sugar on the top of each scone.
7. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes. Don't be too eager - allow to cool before eating.
Our scones are delicious fresh, and will last 3 days when stored in an air tight container. They are also perfect for home freezing, just make sure you defrost them thoroughly before eating.