the Baker's Bakewell Scones
Welcome to our detailed step by step guide. We have added a bit more detail to our steps so take it easy and enjoy making our delicious scones!
Some extra ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 265ml Water
- Dusting of Flour
- 1 Egg
- Optional Almond Flakes
Some utensils you may find helpful for this bake are:
- Baking Tray
- Rolling Pin
- Sharp Knife (you can use a pastry cutter for any shape)
- Pasty brush (or equivalent brush)
- Mixing Bowl
Ready... Steady... BAKE!
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c.
2. Empty the contents of Mix A into a bowl, then add 250ml of water. Mix everything thoroughly until the mixture forms together.
3. Place the dough from the bowl onto a floured work surface. With floured hands, gently form the dough into a ball.
4. With your rolling pin, roll the dough to approximately 1 inch thick. Then, using your knife, slice the dough into triangles, like a pizza! Make sure you slice, do not cut and pull the dough.
If you prefer, you can use a pastry cutter to create any shape you like.
5. Place your scones onto a floured baking tray, approximately 1 inch apart as they will rise in the oven.
6. Beat an egg into a bowl and egg wash the tops of your scones. You can use a pastry brush or something similar.
7. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes. Then set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Empty Mix B into a bowl, add 15ml of water, and mix until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle your scones with the icing. Then, enjoy!
Our scones are delicious fresh, and will last 3 days when stored in an air tight container. They are also perfect for home freezing, just make sure you defrost them thoroughly before eating.