Chocolate Fudge Scones
Welcome to our detailed step by step guide. We have added a bit more detail to our steps so take it easy and enjoy making our delicious scones! This recipe is for Chocolate Fudge & Traditional Hot Cross Scones
Ready... Steady... BAKE!
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c
2. Empty the contents of Mix A into a bowl, then add 250ml of water. Mix everything thoroughly until the mixture forms together.
3. Place the dough from the bowl onto a floured work surface. With floured hands, gently form the dough into a ball.
4. With your rolling pin, roll the dough to approximately 1 inch thick. Then, using your scone cutter, cut your dough. Don’t worry if you don’t have one, you can just use a sharp knife. If using a knife, make sure you slice the dough, do not cut and pull it. Place your scones onto a floured baking tray, approximately 1 inch apart as they will rise in the oven.
5. Beat an egg into a bowl and egg wash the tops of your scones. You can use a pastry brush or something similar.
6. Bake in the oven for 13 minutes.
7. Optional. Melt the chocolate in a bowl, you can do this with small 15 second intervals in the microwave, or, in a heat resistant bowl over a pan of hot water. Then, drizzle some chocolate over each scone.
Don't be too eager - allow to cool before eating.
Our scones are delicious fresh, and will last 3 days when stored in an air tight container. They are also perfect for home freezing, just make sure you defrost them thoroughly before eating.